Central Registration Information
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in need of a foreign language or sign language interpreter, please call our office at 716-250-1600 to request assistance.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HOMESCHOOL YOUR CHILD. (Homeschooling means you are responsible for providing 100% of your child's education. Your child is not enrolled in Sweet Home classes.) If you would like to homeschool your child, please contact our homeshcooling office at 250-1403.
Requirements for Enrollment: You must live in the Sweet Home Central School District in order for your child to attend our schools. We have provided a district boundaries map and street listing on this page to verify that you live in the district .
District Description: We have one high school, one middle school and four elementary schools. Students are assigned to elementary schools based on the street they live on or if there is a need for ENL services. ENL services are offered at Willow Ridge, Maplemere and Heritage Heights Elementary. Students who live in the Glendale area that require ENL services attend Heritage Heights.
STEPS TO ENROLL:
#1 FILL OUT A REGISTRATION PACKET:
A completed registration packet is required for each new student. Registration packets are located on this website, at the Sweet Home District office or in the Main office of each of our six school buildings.
#2 PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- TWO PROOFS OF LEGAL RESIDENCY: Proof of home ownership or a current lease or current landlord statement* AND A current proof of electric, gas, water, landline phone , internet or cable service at that address
- ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR PASSPORT OF STUDENT
- UP TO DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- NYS PHYSICAL WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS
- DRIVER'S LICENSE OR PASSPORT OF PARENT/GUARDIAN
- PROOF OF LEGAL CUSTODY OR GUARDIANSHIP: In order to register a child for school, the biological parent or court-appointed legal guardian/ custodian must have legal residence in the Sweet Home District. It is against School Board Policy and NYS Education Law for children to attend public school where the custodial parent or legal guardian does not reside.
Can my child live with a family member or friend in Sweet Home in order to attend schools in the district?
If I moved out of the district, can my child still attend Sweet Home?
Can I use a post office box as my mailing address?
What is a landlord statement?
What do we need for our child who is transferring from outside the United States?
What if my child moves within the District?
If you are unsure whether a residence is within Sweet Home district boundaries or you are considering moving and want your child to remain at the same elementary school, Please see this complete list of streets in our district.
Here is a a copy of our district map.
Staff: Anne Nowak and Kim CaruanaSweet Home District Offices1901 Sweet Home RdDoor #6Amherst, NY 14228Phone: (716) 250-1600Fax: (716) 250-1378Email: email@example.com